Thursday, April 13, 2006

Psalm 119

I have been reading Powlinson's new book, Speaking Truth in Love. In it, this part so vividly applied Psalm 119 to my life. He points out that the psalmist knows himself, and he knows God. And because of this, the psalmist can talk to the Lord, and be real.

He knows...
  • How hard it is for him to love...so he says, "Don't let me wander from your commandments."

  • He gets preoccupied with the wrong things...so he says, "Incline my heart to your testimonies."

  • His Bible gets routine so that he can read but miss the Lord...so he says, "Open my eyes that I may behold wonderful things from your law."

  • He gets hooked on emptiness...so he says, "Turn my eyes away from looking at vanity."

  • Sin can seize control...so he says, "Don't let iniquity reign over me."

  • He's vulnerable to bad choices...so he says, "Make me walk in the path of your commandments."

  • He needs mercy...so he says, "Be gracious to me according to your word."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home