Monday, May 15, 2006

Joy and Depression

"Joy is not the opposite of depression. It is deeper than depression. Therefore, you can experience both. Depression is the relentless rain. Joy is the rock. Whether depression is present or not, you can stand on joy!" 1

"I am created by God. I am his offspring; he is my Father. I have sinned, but like the father of the prodigal son, my Father has pursued me. He sent Jesus to be the sacrifice for my sin and redeem me from the grave and the Evil One. Now I live for the One who died for me but is alive. I fight against sin through the power of God's Spirit, and I look forward to the day when sin and suffering are over and I see Jesus face to face." 2

I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I hope;
my soul waits for the Lord
more than watchmen for the morning,
more than watchmen for the morning.
O Israel, hope in the Lord!
For with the Lord there is steadfast love, and with him is plentiful redemption. And he will redeem Israel from all his iniquities.
Psalm 130:5-8

1. Depression – A Stubborn Darkness, Edward T. Welch, Punch Press, 2004, p. 140.
2. Ibid., p. 254.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home